Paul Klee Art Lesson


*I may receive revenue from links in this post, but I only ever link to items I use and recommend. 


This art project is based on one of Paul Klee's most recognized paintings called Cat and Bird




This is an easy cat and bird to model drawing for all ages.  We practiced drawing the picture on a scratch paper first then did our final drawing in pencil on watercolor paper. We went over the pencil lines with oil pastels-I let them choose which colors they wanted to use-but told them to use a variety of colors. Then we filled in the rest of the picture using chalk pastels similar to the colors Klee used in his work. This worked well for kids kindergarten to 6th grade. This is a good book to use to show teach kids more about Paul Klee. Below are some of the finished pieces. I think they have the same soft feel of Klee's work. 





























Comments